Friday, September 26, 2008

GRAPES N' THINGS

Chances are, by the time I move to the farm full time I will be poor. Small farmers don't make much money these days. That's part of reason so many young people are giving up on the 'family business'. That being said, I was SO happy to find some treasures in the form of farm fresh edible goodness! In all I counted more than 20 apple trees spread throughout the property, including McIntosh, Red Delicious and Spartan varieties. There were also grapes, GIANT puffball mushrooms, asparagus, thyme, oregano, chives and raspberries. Not bad considering I have yet to plant a thing! Now I just need LOADS of potatoes...

1 comment:

PMAgent said...

you gotta cross corn with mexican jumping beans. im coming out there to help out a bit. love from langley. mike p.